Mar Vista Community Council
Master Gardeners at the Green TentPosted on 03/22/18
Spring greens and sunflowers! Snow peas and cilantro! The UC/CE LA County Master Gardeners return to the Green Tent on Sunday, March 25 between 9 am to 1 pm, with their usual array of lovely seedlings and seed packets, all to give to you for FREE!
Why? Because the mission of the MGs is to encourage YOU to grow your own — they'll help start you on your way, and answer your questions along the way.
Stop by the Green Tent to pick up some:
- Pak Choi This member of the cabbage family is also called bok choy, horse's ear, Chinese celery cabbage and white mustard cabbage. Crispy texture with a flavor somewhere between mild cabbage and spinach. Eat raw when young or lightly steamed.
- Snow Peas Pods are eaten as well as the beans — use them raw in salads or lightly stir fried. These are the flat peas, not the chunky sugar snaps...
- Cilantro Love it or hate it, it’s a staple of many different culture’s cuisines.
- Sunflowers Don’t they just make you smile?
- Spinach If it’s good enough for Popeye…
- Lettuce Salad season is upon us!
- Baby Kale OH so tender. OH so healthy!
- Swiss Chard as lovely to look at as it is to eat. Stems and all!!! Steam, season, sauté — eat!!!
The Green Tent is at the Mar Vista Farmers' Market on the NW corner of Pacific and Grand View.