Hand planted with love by the MGs expressly for the Mar Vista community, this month they’re bringing these organic seedlings (PS: please recycle your used plastic “pony packs” with the MGs so they can keep planting future seedlings for you.):
- Heirloom Broccoli Raab (aka Rapini) is commonly featured in Italian and Chinese cuisines. It has more in common with turnip than broccoli, but has turnip-like leaves, and dispersed buds that resemble thin, leggy broccoli stalks.
- Tuscan Baby Kale - everyone loves this, MGs included!
- Baby leaf lettuce mix - for those wonderful spring and summer salads
- Bloomsdale spinach - the king of all spinach - the one with the curly edges
- Cilantro - you either love it or hate it!
- Snow peas - especially great with the broccoli raab if you make a stir fry
- Gourmet greens - eat them raw or add them to your smoothies
- Mache - Also called lamb’s lettuce, it’s been cultivated in France since the 17th century, a tiny dark green plant that grows close to the ground and has a sweet, nutty flavor that some people compare to the taste of corn.