Mar Vista Community Council
How do I get Involved In MVCC?Posted on 12/14/16
Event Date 12/06/16
MVCC relies on the contributions and involvement of individual members of our community. Wondering how to get involved? Come to a meeting...join a committee...volunteer for something.
Any MVCC stakeholder who attends any MVCC committee is by definition a voting member of that committee, so you can immediately make a difference in our community! In addition to originating and vetting policy motions for the Board of Directors, our committees perform many other community services.
- Aging in Place conducts a monthly speaker series, and provides an empowering voice and network of resources for seniors in our community
- Community Outreach seeks to build community...and also maintains this website
- Education, Arts & Culture is dedicated to improving our entire community's quality of life through enhanced education, arts & culture
- Executive & Finance membership is limited to the elected MVCC officers, but stakeholders are welcome to attend meetings and provide public comment
- Elections & Bylaws is concerned with the rules that govern MVCC operation and Board of Directors election
- Green is focused on increasing environmental awareness and sustainable living practices via the Green Tent and other outreach efforts
- Homeless Solutions deals with all issues that resolve around homelessness in our community and performs homeless outreach
- Planning & Land Use Management promotes community input and involvement in local development projects
- Recreation and Open Space Enhancement works to enhance availability and quality of open space and recreational opportunities
- Public Safety works to enhance safety and improve emergency preparedness
- Airports addresses LAX and Santa Monica Airport issues
- Transportation and Infrastructure works to redress issues raised by the community regarding traffic, transportation and infrastgructure
- FIre Station 62 Ad-Hoc explores as a community the best future used of the ole Fire Station 62 on Centinela
- Great Streets Ad-Hoc works with stakeholders, electeds and government agencies on the planning & development of our Great Street on Venice Blvd.
- Bicycle Ad-Hoc bring bicyclists in our community together and promotes bike-riding infrastructure
Checkout the Committee pages
on this website and see which ones call out to you. Do you have a passion that's not represented? Talk to us.