- Get Involved
- Council Actions
- Executive & Finance
- Community Outreach
- Education, Culture & Arts
- Elections & Bylaws
- Fire Station 62
- Green Committee
- Neighborhood Traffic
- Planning & Land Use
- Recreation & Open Space
- Safety & Security
- Santa Monica Airport
- Transportation & Infrastructure
- Website Committee
- Mar Vista Bi-Monthly LADOT/CD11/LAPD Traffic
- Community Resources
- About Us
- Contact Us
Co Chair: Jeanne Kuntz jeanne@MarVista.org
Co Chair: Melissa Stoller email@example.com
Laura Bodensteiner - Founding Co-Chair
Sherri Akers - Retired Co-Chair
Drop by the Mar Vista Farmers Market each Sunday to visit us at the MVCC Green Tent - we have a different guest each week - all addressing different issues on sustainability.
The mission of the MVCC Green Committee is to empower Mar Vista area Stakeholders to become more environmentally aware by providing information and methods that promote a sustainable lifestyle. The committee shall also work in cooperation with the other MVCC committees, local neighborhood associations, residents, businesses, public agencies, the MVCC Board of Directors and others to further these goals.
What's happening at the MVCC Green Committee lately?
- Each year we organize a FREE Mar Vista Green Garden Showcase tour of sustainable gardens - our way of celebrating Earth Day!
- Read about our initiative to get the City of Los Angeles to allow us to embark on a pilot program in Mar Vista for ubran beekeeping and please take this brief survey to give us your feedback! Read the completed feasibility study here.
- Learn about the Sustainable Works Green Living Workshops and Business Greening Program funded by the $45K LADWP grant awarded by Bill Rosendahl on the strength of our successful Mar Vista pilot workshop.
- Find out about our efforts to inspire a Green Halloween in Mar Vista by collaborating with LA Costume Swap on a great event at the Mar Vista Farmers Market!
- Stop by our Green Tent each Sunday at the Mar Vista Farmers Market - each week we have a different guest with a focus on sustainability. Every 4th Sunday we host the Master Gardeners who give out free seeds, seedlings and organic gardening advice.
Join us at our monthly meeting to take part on everything above as well as our work to influence the environmental affairs in Los Angeles and California. We meet on the fourth Sunday of every month at 9:30 AM at the Mar Vista Farmers Market, at the MVCC Tent (Northwest corner of Grandview and Pacific). Agendas are posted online 72 hours in advance of each meeting. It's a great way to bond with like minded neighbors in the community!
See MVCC Green Tent for committee updates and guests each Sunday at the MVCC Green Tent at the Mar Vista Farmers Market.
Connect with us on Facebook!
|MarVistaGardenTour_PressRelease 2012.doc||164 KB|
|flyer 2012.pdf||458.68 KB|
- EXECUTIVE & FINANCE
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH
- EDUCATION, CULTURE & ARTS
- ELECTIONS & BYLAWS
- FIRE STATION 62
- GREEN COMMITTEE
- NEIGHBORHOOD TRAFFIC
- PLANNING & LAND USE
- RECREATION & OPEN SPACE
- SAFETY & SECURITY
- SANTA MONICA AIRPORT
- TRANSPORT. & INFRASTRUCTURE
- WEBSITE COMMITTEE
- Mar Vista Bi-Monthly LADOT/CD11/LAPD Traffic Committee